LTE Antenna's

WISP_Engineer

Hi Guys,

Would there be any scope in the roadmap for a GSM / LTE antenna whether it was a fairly high gain Omni or perhaps a directional Panel - most are single polarity with very few 2x2 MiMo options, 

There are a few in the market, however with the use of LTE hardware being more popular - having an LTE antenna would be a useful product, 

I have built a number of GSM solutions where I've had to get a "cheap" high gain panel to direct the signal, Now MikroTik have released the wAP LTE which I have already taken apart and stuck a pair of u.fl to SMA pigtails on to make it connectorised, it would be handy for a MiMo antenna to connect it to - either as a omni / panel or where it can be mounted to a case (stud mount - e.g through a vehicle roof)

Cheers
Kev

Hey JT

Looking at basically anything from ~700-2100MHz as that's the "rough" scope of the band - country dependent

for example:
MikroTik R11e supports International LTE bands 1,2,3,7,8,20,38 and 40.

2G Category    Class12
3G Category    R7 (21Mbps Downlinks, 5.76Mbps Uplink)
LTE Category    4 (150Mbps Downlink, 50Mbps Uplink)
LTE FDD bands    1 (2100MHz) / 2 (1900MHz) / 3 (1800MHz) / 7 (2600MHz) / 8 (900 MHz) / 20 (800MHz)
LTE TDD bands    38 (2600MHz) / 40 (2300MHz)

Other cards from Sierra and Huawei support different bands - but that's the general list

Cheers

This category of antennas is not in our business scope, unless we can use synergies from our current business, which is not the case here.

Just FYI - If you are thinking about 700-2100MHz directional antenna with significant gain and 2x2 H+V/dual slant, something comparable to what we have in 5GHz, it would be quite bulky (=not cheap) and most certainly not a panel antenna. Plus I can imagine, that LTE network operators will not be super happy to see high density of these fixed wireless clients around their access points.