Carrier class vs TwistPort testing

We recently completed a four month long shootout between various radio and antenna vendors: 

Antennas used included the TwistPort, Ubiquiti AC sectors, Cambium sectors and RFE carrier sectors.  The results showed the best performance (in our real world environment) to be the RFE carrier sectors. While we loved the TwistPort size, price and vertical beam size, the performance was just not there in the lower 5.1 / 5.2 channels we need to use.  The performance of the carrier sector is incredible.

On 1/9/2016 at 11:49 AM, Faisal said:

Related question....

The Sector are also only rated for 5.4 to 5.8 frequency range....based on the findings from Chad... would it  be fair to assume that the sectors performance in 5.1 is less degraded than the simperial horns ?

Faisal,

We have a few sectors for 5Gig in the Carrier Class line.  Our 17db version is designed to work from 5.1 to 5.9GHz.  That is the version Chad is using.  Our 20db version and our 3x3 Carrier Class Sectors operate from 5.4 to 5.9GHz.  Don't let the "lower gain" rating of our 17db version turn you off.  It has excellent signal performance due to its built in shielding and balanced H & V beams.  Killer performance for its size.

Faisal, that is the model I own and am getting really good performance at 5.1 and 5.2  The stats on the tech info only mention 5.4-5.8 but the graph shows actually an increase in performance around 5.2  

I can tell you for direct experience (I own 2 of those now) that they work awesome at lower UNI.  I just installed a Force110 customer at 5 miles that is getting 90 Mbps from that RFE antenna on a 20 Mhz channel at 5.1

12 hours ago, Guest said:

Faisal, that is the model I own and am getting really good performance at 5.1 and 5.2  The stats on the tech info only mention 5.4-5.8 but the graph shows actually an increase in performance around 5.2  

I can tell you for direct experience (I own 2 of those now) that they work awesome at lower UNI.  I just installed a Force110 customer at 5 miles that is getting 90 Mbps from that RFE antenna on a 20 Mhz channel at 5.1

Awesome,  Thanks for the feed back !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Tom pinned this topic