RF Genie

Link Calculator - Feedback

Hi Andrea, we need the SNR requirements for EVERY channel width and MCS rate the radio supports. We did not find this data on UBNT webpage, nor in the datasheets of their CPEs.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Hello, see the screenshot for the correct calculator setup for the link you talk about. UltraHorn would get you to MCS 7 at best given the distance. In this  case we'd recommend UltraDish 550 for both sides of the link. In this case you can go up to MCS 9. 

Thank you for your time and response, Tom.  I'll compare the 34dBi slant dishes with the RFE dishes.  I have another couple of links that are shorter and would probably suit the Ultrahorn better.  Still keen to try.  :)

21 minutes ago, Andrea Cnt said:

Hello Tom! Thanks for your reply.

What do you need?  Here you can find .ant files for antenna pattern.

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/204952114-airMAX-Antenna-Data

Great response!!  :D  Given the direction Ubiquiti are taking with UNMS, UCRM, UPG etc, plus the equipment being released, I'm really excited to see Ubiquiti sharing data about antennas.  Ubiquiti antennas have served Frenetic well.  If another manufacturer produces an antenna that helps sell more Ubiquiti 'active' product....embrace them!!

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hi Andrea, we need the SNR requirements for EVERY channel width and MCS rate the radio supports. We did not find this data on UBNT webpage, nor in the datasheets of their CPEs.

Bit naughty, Tom,  Not finding the information on a webpage or a datasheet isn't quite the same as another manufacturer not cooperating with RFE.  😆

Hope you can ultimately collaborate.  Frenetic deliver to digitally deprived subscribers.  It's hard going but rewarding...not in the obvious financial sense.  Having quality manufacturers delivering better outcomes together is a win, win, win so far as I am concerned.  👍

4 minutes ago, Frenetic said:

Bit naughty, Tom,  Not finding the information on a webpage or a datasheet isn't quite the same as another manufacturer not cooperating with RFE.  😆

Hope you can ultimately collaborate.  Frenetic deliver to digitally deprived subscribers.  It's hard going but rewarding...not in the obvious financial sense.  Having quality manufacturers delivering better outcomes together is a win, win, win so far as I am concerned.  👍

We have tried to contact them about the data as well through various channels, or personal connections our people have with UBNT, but no success. ;)

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

We have tried to contact them about the data as well through various channels, or personal connections our people have with UBNT, but no success. ;)

Ah, well, in that case....shame on them.  😆

Truly, I understand the competitive case.  When it doesn't work, the loser is the customer (Frenetic) and the end user (Frenetic's subscribers).  Hopefully both companies will benefit from some collaboration.  Meanwhile...I'll keep asking questions.  😁