NEED HORN ADVICE

Oce

Hello i acquired a horn for the purpose of setting a micro isp for my town rural areas

the is the hardware im testing at the moment

AP

Rocket prism ac gen 2 mounted  at Horn SH-TP 5-90

CPE 1

LITEBEAM AC LBE-5AC-23   6 m from floor

CPE 2

LITEBEAM AC GEN 2 4 meters from floor

image.png.e631d0c8a888b05e423385b88b960d97.png

image.png.f2bd8411565a8aa5bfe5fd4c0cea19c7.png

Im tryng to figure out whats the issue with cpe1 becuz conection is very slow just 1mb,

the link between cpe2 and ap works flawless

also my goal is to achieve a coverage of 10 km to cover my town

can any of u fine ppl point me in wich type of horn i need to achieve that and if the antenas im using for cpe are adequate

ty for u help

@Oce- Thanks for the post and and sorry for the issue you are seeing. Its hard to tell for sure what the issue is for CPE1 from here, but can you share some CPE screen shots of signal page?  Just want to see if you are aligned correctly, noise floor, and connection quality.  Maybe you have a LOS issue?  At 3.3Km with the settings you have on that Horn you should be getting around a -58ish  With that said, the quality of that connection will not be very good for AC gear because you have the TX power way to high!  27db TX is not suggested for 802.11AC gear to work correctly (18-22db TX is suggested for max).  Please share the info requested and we can look from there.

To answer your other question about the setup for 10Km coverage, you will need more narrow Horns.  Maybe 30 or 40deg horns or try our older Carrier Class Sectors for that distance.  All depends on customer density required...

Hello thank you so much for answering, im amazed by how well the horn is perfoming so far with the one cpe i got it working, im pretty sure my issues is my lack of experience setting up antenas client side.

this are the screenshots of my settings

image.png.dac52f606a388324864e438544d46265.png

image.png.05057d21e2164087fa30b02b2f18e530.png

from my understading the rocket prism gen 2 im using for ap runs with airmax technology not 802.11 at least thats what the dealer told me, the cpe with problem i had to take it down but tomorrow i hope to run another test and then post screenshots of installation.

so far im very satisfied with the performance of the 90 horn, just a question do rf elements have hardware that can replace the ubiquiti antenas for cpe side?

thank u so much for taking the time to review my question.

yes, he was right, there is no 802.11 option for you once on Prism AP.

what kind of CPE antennas you are asking? Most of the CPEs are integrated to keep the cost down. You can for sure use any of our TwistPort antenna with TP-A and UBNT IsoStation for CPE.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 7:48 AM, JorgeCuba said:

@Oce a bit late but, did you resolve your issue? if not, try changing channel frequency and bandwith, this may increase your connection and throughtput.

Let us know what`s the result!

HI jorge, yeah been busy going tru a lot of webinars in youtube a lot of testing and learning mistakes, so far i got the horn working, im using a rocket prism 5ac gen2 for radio with the twistport for sh-90 for AP and for cpe im using a litebeam 5ac gen2, below i posted new screens dunno if new settings are optimal im using 10mhz channel and a frequency between 5700 and 5800 so far the link is delivering the desired 10 MB i wanted without obstruction.

im glad for the help provided, just hope to be more info for the hardware RF provide and equivalent info against ubiquiti or other companys becuz sadly the dealer here in latam doesnt wasnt to sell me rf hardware the ones i got was from lurking youtube videos, i dont have much knowdledge about wisp but so far horn is doing great, i acquired 2 sectorial class sc-17 and so far i only got working at .75 miles at 2.6 miles rx is 87 dunno whats wrong im planning to add more altitude to the AP and see how it goes. tyvm

horn 90.jpg

horn902.png

@Oce

Did you tune in today to the webinar Migrations to Horn 101? It would surely help you! Anyway, if you miss it soon will be available for watching/downloading :-), stay in touch with RF social platforms!

Took a look into attached pics and i can give you some tips that it may help:

1 -> Channel Frequency is OK, but I still don't know why you are using 10Mhz bandwith if you have a so nice Signal and Noise? If you want greater throughtput then increase APs bandwith to 20-40-60-80Mhz and make Speed tests.
2 -> Altitude its a "must do" in almost any scenario, from physics, higher altitude = the signal travels more distance. BUT, in your case, i see good Signal and Noise, so, it may not be necessary to get much more altitude, unless you want to connect clients that a significant distance from you.
3 -> With 10Mhz channel bandwith you get more stability in you current link, but the throughtput its extremelly capped.

All of RF Products are located here --> https://www.rfelements.com/products/
And they all have a DATASHEET with important information that you must read and understand in order to buy the right antenna that suits your need.

Very happy to assist,

Anything else don't hesitate to reply here,

Regards,

Jorge

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jorge finally was able to setup my tower at the desired altitude

my final setup is

Sector Carrier Class 5GHz 17dBi 2x2 (H+V) paired with UBNTTM RocketTM AC  Prism Gen2

and

90° Sector SH-TP 5-90 paired with UBNTTM RocketTM AC  Prism Gen2

Im very happy with perfomance from RF Antennas, im using 10 mhz channel becuz i only deliver 10 Mbps to each client that solve my needs at the moment

wish RF hardware was more easily avaliable in my country have to buy the sector instead of more horns because the reseller syscom dont resell to start up wisp

im saving to see if i can sneak a partner to the us to get them form there, also i noticed some copycat antenas from brazil that claims symetric patterns and rf armor too and is been heavily advertised in my country fb forums. hopefully next weeks im gona start maxing the APS with client to i can get to try a Horn setup A-B-C i saw on a us forum.

Ty  all the ppl on this forum for help provided and the great hardware u make! im just missing the pics from antenna mounted but so far

yes we have Horns in 30.422508 -107.90854 !

1.png

8 hours ago, Oce said:

Hi jorge finally was able to setup my tower at the desired altitude

my final setup is

Sector Carrier Class 5GHz 17dBi 2x2 (H+V) paired with UBNTTM RocketTM AC  Prism Gen2

and

90° Sector SH-TP 5-90 paired with UBNTTM RocketTM AC  Prism Gen2

Im very happy with perfomance from RF Antennas, im using 10 mhz channel becuz i only deliver 10 Mbps to each client that solve my needs at the moment

wish RF hardware was more easily avaliable in my country have to buy the sector instead of more horns because the reseller syscom dont resell to start up wisp

im saving to see if i can sneak a partner to the us to get them form there, also i noticed some copycat antenas from brazil that claims symetric patterns and rf armor too and is been heavily advertised in my country fb forums. hopefully next weeks im gona start maxing the APS with client to i can get to try a Horn setup A-B-C i saw on a us forum.

Ty  all the ppl on this forum for help provided and the great hardware u make! im just missing the pics from antenna mounted but so far

yes we have Horns in 30.422508 -107.90854 !

1.png

@Oce I´m very glad you achieve your goal with RF elements antennas!, if you can, please upload some photos of your deploy to RF elements Facebook Page

The picture shows amazing dBm and pretty decent noise level.

If you have any more doubts or concerns contact us over at RF Elements Español Page --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/681951448634540/ or in English --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/188098974946678/

For information on resellers in the Americas region contact @JORGE.

Keep in touch!

Edited by JorgeCuba