stationbox xl carrierclass and RJ45 ?

English:

Yesterday got 2 pcs of stationbox xl carrierclass. How is that with the network plug and the screw function? Finished ready-made cables are not available there. In my opinion the screw should be divisible then it would work. Cutting a finished weather-resistant cable and re-assembling it in the field can not be a solution.

German/Deutsch:

Habe gestern 2 Stück stationbox xl carrierclass bekommen. Wie soll das mit dem Netzwerkstecker und der Verschraubung funktionieren ? Fertige konfektionierte Kabel bekommt man dort nicht rein. Meiner Meinung nach müsste die Verschraubung teilbar sein dann würde es funktionieren. Ein fertiges Wetterfestes Kabel zu zerschneiden und draussen im Feld neu zu konfektionieren kann keine Lösung sein.

In terms of cables and pigtails, every customer has its own preference. You can replace the connector if it does not fit what you need. We know that some of our customers replace the connector to fit more bulky / more environment resistant cable solution: for example with this one from Laird - it takes bulky cables and connectors, it is shielded and fits the XL CC well:

https://www.streakwave.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=RJ45-ECS-6-NR&eq=&Tp=&o1=0

RJ45-ECS-4-NR.jpg

Hello, Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I have ordered now, but it is very annoying since I am very excited by the RF elements products. So far I only used the stationbox xl which was problem-free. It is annoying now that you have to order again something which is connected with delay and costs, especially with the really well-made carrierclass. I think most end users use finished cables and are then disappointed that something needs to be ordered additionally which was not so described.

Hallo, vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort. So etwas habe ich mir nun auch bestellt, es ist aber sehr ärgerlich da ich sonst von den RF-Elements Produkten sehr begeistert bin. Bisher habe ich nur die stationbox xl verwendet die problemlos war. Es ist nun ärgerlich das man wieder etwas zusätzlich bestellen muss was mit Verzögerung und Kosten verbunden ist, gerade bei der wirklich gut gemachten carrierclass. Ich denke die meisten Endnutzer verwenden fertige Kabel und sind dann enttäuscht das etwas zusätzlich bestellt werden muss was nicht so beschrieben war. 

We received only few requirements to upgrade this product, which most users who buy regularly solve themselves with according to they preferences anyway. As an alternative, we could put few more cable options into the box, but that would shift the price tag further up and create more unused plastic thrash afterwards. There is no single product that makes everyone happy.

If you don´t mind sharing the final solution with pictures here, maybe it will drive more feedback from other customers using the XL CC so we can understand their needs better.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...