Help - SH-CC-5-30 with a Ubiquiti Rocket AC

I am expanding my network and would like to use your carrier class SH-CC-5-30 product with Ubiquiti AC radios and would like to know exactly what I need?  Since the radio does not attach to the antenna, what do I put the radio in and then attach it to the antenna?  I have only used Ubiquiti products and would like to branch out to better products like yours.  Thanks for your time.

Dan

Edited by aardvarkglory

You can use such combo without issue, but consider that we created SH-CC antennas for large form factor radios, that are difficult to fit TwistPort, which is NOT the case for Rocket AC. For UBNT AC radios, we recommend using Symmetrical Horn TP Antenna (TP = TwistPort connector), and TwistPort Adaptor (TP-A) for your specific radio.

Twistport Horns: LINK

TwistPort Adaptors: LINK

Let us know what radio are you going to use, we can orientate you with specific part number for TP-A. You can check stock availability in your region using Stock Locator on our website (button in red square on every product page, or LINK)

Thanks JT for the fast reply.  I am going to be using the R5AC-Lite.  The Mimosa is also a option.  I was looking at the TP Horns and they look great.  If that is what you say works best, then that is what I will use.  I was thinking that they CC Horns would be a little more robust over the TP.  I was thinking that the CC would be nice to use since I can also get lower spectrums out of them.

Dan

you can get lower spectrum with TP-A also, just make sure you use adaptor for R5AC marked as V2 https://www.rfelements.com/assets/Uploads/Datasheet-TwisPort-Shielded-Adaptor-V2-for-Rocket-AC.pdf (All TP-A introduced since TP-A for PRISM are full 5GHz band - check specs on our website)

as regards of robustness, it is up to personal preference - both versions are seriously "overbuilt" comparing to their msrp and market standard. CC horn is full metal body (no plastic part exc. radome), if you have such preference or requirement.

I answered similar question about mikrotik radio, maybe that also helps: link