dual chain accesspoint + dual chain antenna

laithmikrotik

59 minutes ago, Tasos said:

@laithmikrotik- I'm not sure as all MFGs might do some different things. Its best to ask the MFG of the radio you want to use if that is how it works.  We don't make the radios, just kick ass antennas to make them sing ;)

with my respect to your replay.

what do mean by your saying MFGS .i have no any idea about what do mean !

Anyway thank you

13 hours ago, Fero_RFE said:

- MFGs is an abbreviation for “manufacturers”. Basically, you need to ask the manufacturer of the radio in question. So for RB912, it would be MikroTik. 

thank you very much...indeed ,my question is about a scientific wireless concept...lets say the question in a different way ...if we have any accesspoint with any TX POWER value for example 1000mw,600mw,400mw,etc.

we connect that accesspoint with any kind of a DUAL CHAIN antenna ..is it true that the tx power of accesspoint will be divided on 2 ( halve of its tx power for chain0 and the another halve for chain1 ) ???

I wil be very thankfull if you help me to find the replay and apologize me if i insist to know it ☺️

• 3 weeks later...

@laithmikrotik- In general terms what you are asking is correct but its half power in dBm.  So if the radio is set to 30dBm in TX power then you will get half power to each chain which is -3db less, so 27dBm to each chain not 15dBm.  DBs are measured in the log scale and are not measured in the linear scale, so half power is  3db less and 1/4 power is 6db less and so on.  Does that make sense?  Again, the specific manufacturer (MFG) might do something different, or perhaps their radio might have different capabilities, so you need to ask them, but in general in a MIMO type radio, the power is split between chains.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:21 PM, Tasos said:

In general terms what you are asking is correct but its half power in dBm.  So if the radio is set to 30dBm in TX power then you will get half power to each chain which is -3db less, so 27dBm to each chain not 15dBm.  DBs are measured in the log scale and are not measured in the linear scale, so half power is  3db less and 1/4 power is 6db less and so on.  Does that make sense?  Again, the specific manufacturer (MFG) might do something different, or perhaps their radio might have different capabilities, so you need to ask them, but in general in a MIMO type radio, the power is split between chains.

thank you very much

1000mw=30dbm

each chain = 30-3=27dbm for each chain (log scaleing )

i will contact with the MFG to ensure that

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.