• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think a slight update to the video's may be nice as the format has changed a little bit, 

But more importantly, for those who may not be as used to the settings on a daily basis, perhaps a small help page / popup window almost like a wiki to say what each setting is for
For example, does everyone really know what the "Beam Resolution" actually mean? - for some they would simply wonder why the higher the db (-12db) why the "shadow" widens or shrinks on -3db 

--

Kev

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 8:24 AM, RF Genie said:

In case you didn't know, our Link Calculator is here, now with Multiple CPE option.

We are looking forward to your feedback & questions!

Link calculator is failing. This error keeps coming up.....“This Page Can’t Load Google Maps Correctly”

On 2/7/2018 at 8:24 AM, RF Genie said:

In case you didn't know, our Link Calculator is here, now with Multiple CPE option.

We are looking forward to your feedback & questions!

• 4 months later...

When you move the center point of a sector, it changes the azimuth but not the elevation.  Also, it would be really really helpful if it laid out the 3db and 6db cutoff points on the map instead of showing it as a pie slice.  Makes a big difference when your AP is up at  say 200' pointing down to clients a max of 1 mile out and your are working on ideal antenna selection.  A downloadable KML antenna pattern would be nice too.  

The downtilt is a parameter you have to change manually, but when you place the AP somewhere else, you always get the information about recommended downtilt,  which you have to set manually (the change might often be very small because of the antenna main lobe properties, but be assured it recalculates with every position change)

As for the rest of - thanks for the feedback, we'll look into it!

Hi Tom, I think we are talking about different things.  

If you select multiple CPE, there is a dot which I assume represents or should represent the target of the AP antenna.  If you move it, it updates the azimuth but not the elevation. I think you are talking about the single CPE setting which does show you recommended down tilt.    

I see, the red dot connected to the dashed red line (with multi CPE setup) indicates the boresight direction of the AP antenna. The downtilt in this case is left up to the user, because with multiple CPEs there is no single downtilt that is optimal for all the CPEs at the same time.

• 6 months later...

Looking good, guys!!  I do have a question that I will detail as a use case scenario.  I have a 26.5km link.  I have Ubiquiti AF5xHD radios at each end.  Currently, I plan to deploy Ubiquiti 34dBi dishes.  I have the Ubiquiti results from airLink, they look pretty good.  How would I find the equivalent results for Ultrahorn 5-24 antennas.  I have completed the calculator fields but I'm not confident of the results in my case.

I'm keen to explore RF Elements products in more depth, currently all our equipment is Ubiquiti.  Frenetic won't be changing the radios but passive equipment that can make a positive difference is definitely on the table.

TIA for any feedback.  😀

Hello, unfortunately Ubiquiti does not cooperate with us, so we were not able to get the data needed to add the Powerbeam and other UBNT CPEs to our calculator. For these cases we recommend selecting generic 802.11ac option from the CPE dropdown menu.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:03 AM, Andrea Cnt said:

Awesome! 

Please could you add nanobeam AC and Powerbeam AC gen2 ubiquiti CPE ??

Thanks Guys!

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hello, unfortunately Ubiquiti does not cooperate with us, so we were not able to get the data needed to add the Powerbeam and other UBNT CPEs to our calculator. For these cases we recommend selecting generic 802.11ac option from the CPE dropdown menu.

Silly, really.  Under Satya Nadella, Microsoft has become a $1T company because they choose to work with others. Steve Ballmer never would, which is why their share price, under his leadership, was the lowest it ever got in the last couple of decades.

On 6/7/2020 at 12:43 AM, Frenetic said:

Looking good, guys!!  I do have a question that I will detail as a use case scenario.  I have a 26.5km link.  I have Ubiquiti AF5xHD radios at each end.  Currently, I plan to deploy Ubiquiti 34dBi dishes.  I have the Ubiquiti results from airLink, they look pretty good.  How would I find the equivalent results for Ultrahorn 5-24 antennas.  I have completed the calculator fields but I'm not confident of the results in my case.

I'm keen to explore RF Elements products in more depth, currently all our equipment is Ubiquiti.  Frenetic won't be changing the radios but passive equipment that can make a positive difference is definitely on the table.

TIA for any feedback.  😀

Hello, see the screenshot for the correct calculator setup for the link you talk about. UltraHorn would get you to MCS 7 at best given the distance. In this  case we'd recommend UltraDish 550 for both sides of the link. In this case you can go up to MCS 9.image.png.110182b6abc09e5e3f94a39194c822b8.png 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Hello Tom! Thanks for your reply.

What do you need?  Here you can find .ant files for antenna pattern.

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/204952114-airMAX-Antenna-Data