• 6 months later...
On 3/12/2015 at 2:36 AM, Mike said:

Sioro,

Radio Mobile supports .ant file. All .ant files of our Symmetrical Sector Antennas can be downloaded here:

http://www.rfelements.com/support/downloads/wireless-broadband/symmetrical-horn-antennas/antenna-files/

Hello, I am delighted to have taken into account the suggestion of the pattern for Horn antennas.
The query is how can I do draw on the map of my projects for polar antenna coverage.
That program used or if you can make a RadioMobile? similar to those which we color samples of different type antennas horn.

Cordialmente,

Héctor Albornoz, CEO

MikroTik Certified Consultant, dCAA

hectoralbornoz@sioro.co

rfe-5.png

Hector,

the best is to use TowerCoverage.com. It is third party service - an online tool allowing wireless service providers to create RF propagation maps easy way. It supports all our SH-TP and SEC-CC antennas. Here is a quick guide to TowerCoverage.com with our Symmetrical Horns Antennas.

We would love to see your feedback and data here once you get Symmetrical Horns up and running.

• 1 year later...

Wondering if anyone can help me with this.  We use pathloss for all our coverage, and it only accepts .adf or .asd files.  I can manually create them, and think I can pull in the .ant file to create the curves for that format.  What I cant' tell is the format of the .ant file.  I'm assuming it should be dB response for each plane, but if it's 365 degrees I would assume 730 lines but these only have 720.

Does anyone else have experience with Pathloss that could point me in the right direction for creating the necessary file?

I needed more coffee this morning... not sureI got 365.  When I split the file in half and take the first figures, besides being in the wrong order the pattern also seems a bit off.  These were from the Carrier Class 5Ghz 20dBi 2x2 antenna.  However the standard  -3dB definition point (if I look a these at of order) is at 80 degrees not 90.  90 degree looks to be at a -4.5dB point.

Azmith.JPG.dddbc0437ebedc20490692672aaee656.JPG

For elevation I took lines 361 through 720, and it comes up with this.  I can see it being close to correct, although the data point order doesn't fit at all.

Elevation.JPG.55a076a5a7ab7feed051e7354c2354be.JPG

On the first graph, you are 180 deg off. You should start at 0, not at -180. On the second graph, you are 90 deg off.  Whole graph 2 should be shifted 90 deg to the right.

As you can se on the link I posted above in thread, the graph1 starts @ 0deg and graph 2 @ 90deg http://radiomobile.pe1mew.nl/?The_program:File_formats:Antenna_.ant_format_(V3)